Hosted by the Energy Institute and put together by leading industry experts, International Petroleum (IP) Week is one of the biggest events in the oil and gas calendar. More than 1,500 senior executives from all over the world gather in London for three days of conferences, seminars, round-tables and social events, bringing together the knowledge, experience and expertise of the most senior figures from across the energy world.
Attend to hear the latest news and updates, debate key issues, share new ideas and network to form partnerships with oil and gas operators, clients and investors.
This year shines a spotlight on the themes shaping the current global oil and gas markets and investment:
geopolitics, sustainability and technology.
Below are some key insights from a few of the most prominent speakers at IP Week 2018:
- Bob Dudley FEI, BP: “It’s not that there is more oil and gas, we’re getting better at producing it”
- H.E. Eng. Suhail Al Mazrouei, UAE Energy Minister: “We are not targeting an oil price, we are targeting a balance”
- Clare Harris, Shell: “There is a strong case for natural gas… Up to all of us to have the humility and confidence to get out there and be part of the dialogue”
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, OGCI: “CCUS is a prime example of how investment in technology alone cannot solve a problem”
- Dr Fatih Birol HON FEI, IEA: “By 2040, India’s power generation is expected to grow by the equivalent of the EU, China’s by the equivalent of the US”
- Luq Niazi, IBM: “There are four technologies driving digital transformation in energy: the cloud, Internet of Things, cognitive technology and blockchain”
DATE – 26-28 February, 2019
VENUE – London, InterContinental Park Lane